Crouse-Hinds series Chico sealing compounds and fiber are used to form a seal around each electrical conductor and between them, and inside of the sealing fitting to restrict the passage of gases, vapors or flames through the sealing fitting.
Chico A sealing compound is a water soluble powder that can be easily mixed and poured. The dense compound expands slightly when hardening and bonds to inner walls of sealing fittings. Chico A-P Intrapak is packaged in a two compartment plastic pouch with precise amount of water for mixing. No measuring is required, speeding up the installation process. Chico X fiber forms a dam between the integral bushing of the sealing fitting and the end of the conduit and around the electrical conductors entering the hub. It is a mineral wool that packs easily, forming around each conductor.
Chico A, Chico A-P and Chico X are approved for use in Class I, Division 1, Groups A, B, C, D and Class II, Division 1, Groups E, F, G hazardous areas.
Chico A sealing compound:
– Cure time is 8 hours for Class I, Groups C and D applications and 72 hours for Class I, Group A and B applications
– 1 year shelf life from date of manufacture
– Ambient temperature range (after curing) is -40°F to +165°F
Chico A-P Intrapak:
– Packaged in two compartment plastic pouch with precise amount of water for mixing; no measuring or tools required
– A hard squeeze of the water compartment forces the water into the compartment containing the Chico compound; mixing is completed by kneading the pouch for one minute
– Mixed sealing compound is poured directly into the sealing fitting – no funnel required; the package label indicates the size and quantity of sealing fittings each pouch will properly fill; compound hardens in 60-70 minutes
Chico X fiber:
– Mineral wool that packs easily, forming around each conductor