Crouse-Hinds series EAB and EAJ explosionproof conduit outlet boxes are installed in conduit systems in hazardous areas to protect conductors in threaded rigid conduit, act as pull and splice boxes, change conduit direction, and provide access to conductors for maintenance and future system changes. EAB and EAJ outlet boxes are manufactured in five different hub configurations with mounting feet and 16 pitch cover threads.
Available in 1/2″, 3/4″ and 1″ trade sizes with a 3″ diameter cover opening, EAB and EAJ outlet boxes are certified for Class I, Division 1, Groups A, B, C, D and Class II, Division 1, Groups E, F, G. The EAB series is also available with ATEX certifications for IEC applications.
– Multiple hub configurations for installation flexibility
– Taper threaded hubs to provide ground continuity
– Smooth integral hub bushing to protect conductor insulation when pulling
– Threaded cover openings
– Surface covers furnished with boxes
– Neoprene o-ring gasket and green ground screw are both standard
– Cover threads are 16 pitch
– Internal green ground screw #10
Additional EAJ conduit outlet box features:
– Water shedding cover – suitable for wet locations when mounted in upright position
– External cover threads on body protect conductors from damage during pulling and eliminate risk of pinching conductors during cover installation
– Bodies – Feraloy iron alloy (standard); or copper-free aluminum (optional)
– Covers – copper-free aluminum (standard); or Feraloy iron alloy (optional)