The Earth-Rite MULTIPOINT II builds on the success of its predecessor offering equipment specifiers an advanced digitally embedded system that actively monitors the grounding of up to 8 separate items of plant equipment.
The incorporation of embedded digital technology enables the Earth-Rite MULTIPOINT II to:
- Offer unrivalled precision with which a grounding system can monitor EX/HAZLOC grounding and bonding circuits.
- self-check the EX/HAZLOC monitored grounding circuits so that permissive conditions are only achieved when a resistance value of 10 ohms or less is seen by the micro-controller.
- offer flexible, energy efficient Intrinsically Safe indicator stations that can be positioned in any Zone or Division around a plant.
- provide an off the shelf system that incorporates an individual SP/DT relay contact for each monitored channel.
- provide a group relay function that enables the grouping of any number of monitored channels via a set of SP/DT relay contacts.
- incorporate software written to the leading industry standard MISRA-C protocol.
- provide a self-monitoring watchdog emergency shutdown function that ensures a fail-safe condition is achieved if a circuit or software malfunction is detected via a SP/DT relay.