Crouse-Hinds series EYS and EZS explosionproof sealing fittings restrict the passage of gases, vapors or flames from one portion of the electrical installation to another, limit explosions to the sealed off enclosure, and limit pre-compression or “pressure piling” in conduit systems.
EYS sealing fittings are available for installation in either vertical only or in both horizontal or vertical positions. They are available in a variety of materials, including Feraloy iron alloy and/or ductile iron, copper-free aluminum and stainless steel.
EZS sealing fittings are designed for installation at any angle; the covers with opening for sealing compound can be properly positioned to accept the compound.
– Minimum turning radius
– Large openings with threaded closures to provide easy access to conduit hubs for making dams
– Integral bushings in conduit hubs to protect conductor insulation from damage
– Taper tapped hubs to ensure ground continuity
– Stainless steel EYS models retain strength in extreme heat and cold conditions, and easy cleaning capabilities make these fittings perfect for food processing and other hygienic areas where wash downs are common
– Bodies – Feraloy iron alloy and/or ductile iron (standard); copper-free aluminum (optional); stainless steel (optional)
– Plugs – Feraloy iron alloy and/or steel (standard); stainless steel (optional)
– Removable nipples – steel