Crouse-Hinds series STL and HTL thread lubricants inhibit corrosion on any metal-to-metal joint of electrical equipment. The lubricant can be used between any screw thread and its tapped opening, on any rotating shaft – threaded or plain.
STL thread lubricant is for use on the joints of electrical apparatus and control enclosures. Our HTL high temperature lubricant is for use on the threaded joints of lighting fixtures and the enclosures of any heat-producing apparatus or control product.
STL is lithium based, anti-galling and:
– Is especially effective between parts made of dissimilar metals
– Is effective and stable from -20°F to +300°F
– Maintains grounding continuity; should not be used on exposed current-carrying parts
– Has excellent adhesion qualities; a liberal application on threaded joints maintains raintightness and inhibits corrosion
HTL is a high temperature, anti-seize, conductive thread lubricant:
– Effective and stable from -70°F to +1800°F
– Prevents seizure, galling, rust, galvanic action
– Maintains grounding continuity; should not be used on exposed current carrying parts
– Effective between parts made of dissimilar metals